Launch of the Aislabie Walk
The walk was officially launched on Monday 16th April 2012
The sun shone for the launch of the Aislabie Walk. After an introductory talk by Paul Mosley, of the Woodland Trust, and Mark Reid, author of the walk, the gathered party set off to complete a 3 mile section of the route through Hackfall.
The launch was attended by representatives of:
- The Woodland Trust
- The National Trust Fountains Abbey
- The Hackfall Trust
- Nidderdale AONB
- North Yorkshire County Council
- The Long Distance Walkers Association
- The Hackfall Volunteers
- Yorkshire Parks and Gardens Trust
- Folly Fellowship
- Harrogate Ramblers
- Welcome to Yorkshire
- Grewelthorpe and Masham Parish Councils
As well as:
- The Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress of Ripon
- Andy Shipley editor of Walking on the Web
- Phil Holden of Caravanwise supporters of this site
- and of course Mark Reid of the Inn Way Walking Books and the very well behaved Elvis
Lunch was very generously provided by the National Trust and a very nice spread was laid out by The Crown Inn at Grewelthorpe, washed down by an excellent pint of Ringwood Bitter.
Production of the route guide was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
Commenting is closed for this article.